Construction Management software is a platform designed specifically for the construction industry. It assists a company in organizing, managing, storing, collaborating, and planning projects of all complexity and sizes.
It is a project management protocol that makes processes of business construction manageable through automation. Construction companies are getting huge benefits from this software in streamlining their processes, which used to be achieved manually. These processes include job scheduling, decision making, communication, and more. It is generally used by designers, builders, architects, and owners of construction companies to track expenses, manage projects, supervise staff, meet deadlines, and generate accurate estimates. A significant rise in the use of construction software management is seen in the gas and oil industries. Employees of such industries have found this tool very beneficial for their construction projects.
Working of construction management software
It is a cloud-based tool and can be used through mobile applications. It allows the company staff to check the project progress, examine the punch list, check on the timeline and budget, and discuss the matter with the owner. Construction company owners, builders, and contractors log in to investigate the working sites without going there physically. They can see photos of sites and review the financials. The software allows staff to communicate with owners and inform them of the progress report.
Construction management software features
The software has increased the efficacy of construction divisions in terms of company productivity and competitiveness. It helps builders by automating documentation processes. Features of construction management software are as follows:
Construction software integrates with other accounting tools to monitor the costs and expenditures of the project. It allows managers to regulate numerous projects at a provided time. It can also automate processes like accounts receivable, payable, and payroll.
- Job costing
The construction management software is capable of defining costs, setting up standard company services rates, and checking time expenses. This functionality should also boost productivity and supervise project schedules.
- Service management
The ideal construction software helps the company in managing and dispatching work orders, creating schedules, allocating resources and assets, and booking jobs. Advanced solutions can even assign jobs to technicians near about by using a GPS.
- Project Management
This feature automates all segments of construction project management. These segments include team collaboration, resource planning, tracking of project progress, and integration of clients’ calls.
- Job scheduling
This helps in worker or equipment allocation in different projects, and task scheduling. It is also capable of balancing and rebalancing workloads.
This feature gives managers hold over the project information. With the help of analytic reports regarding the project, the generation of data reports and decision-making can also be enhanced. This allows the production of real-time and precise data reports that can be transferred to third-party software. This software in turn assists managers in project status evaluation and risk identification.
- Document management
Management of pertinent documents is one of the key features of construction software. Companies become able to generate project data reports by following a single protocol. This boosts information security, workflow processes, and productivity.
- Inventory management
This capability of construction software eliminates write-offs, instantly searches lost inventories, does rapid inventories, and supervises on-site assets.
Top providers of construction management software (2)
It is considered the best overall provider of construction management software. This cloud-based solution is particularly developed for contractors. Through this platform, a contractor can manage his business anytime anywhere. The contractor and his employees can track, supervise, and measure the progress of the location of the job. It is considered best for its convenient use, positive reviews from customers, and plenty of beneficial features. Some of its features are:
- Customized job and project management
- Spontaneous relationship between customer and manager
- Collaboration ability with subcontractors and employees
- Protective cloud storage
- Marketing, branding, and sales tools
- One-time set up of JobProgress costs $500 with monthly charges of $50/user.
In 2002, this cloud-based software was developed in California. And now in 2021, it has made its 1.6 million users. It offers an easy-to-use platform to every builder where he can manage resources, financial and projects. It is also liked by most of the public agencies, subcontractors, owners, and contractors. The features of Procore include:
- Project management tools such as a field productivity tool
- Safety and quality protocol
- Financial and accounting tools including reports
- Real-time communication among employees and owners
- Capital planning and bid management
- The project management plan starts with $375/month that includes scheduling and project management
- Financial Management and project management plan cost $549/month that includes project management and tools for minimizing expenses, budgeting impacts, and automating tasks.
- Contractors software group
In 1984, this group was established as a reseller of industrial, residential, and commercial construction software. It started creating software for light commercial and residential construction in 1996. It offers software variation particularly for home builders, general contractors, and remodelers. It concentrates on the specific needs of every sector and is suitable for small businesses and small jobs. Its features include:
- Project manager
- Estimator tools
- Web apps
- Builder portal
- Tax forms and laser checks
- Integrated CRM
- Technical support and training
- The cost depends upon the feature a company needs. Mostly it starts from $100/month.
This company is considered best for home builders due to some helpful features like punch lists, branding, customizations, and pre-construction tools. Through its app, the client can use it on the go. It provides tools for preparing bids, estimates, and managing employees. Its features include:
- Templates, CRM, and pre-construction leads
- Specs, cost catalog, and selections
- To-do lists
- Punch lists
- Share photos and files
- The ramp plan costs $49 for two months
- Plus 5 plan costs $299/month for unlimited users that include the capability of supervising five projects, customer support, and branded client portal.
- Plus 10 plan costs $399/month for unlimited users that can supervise up to 10 projects, brands client portal, and customer support.
- Plus 15 plan costs $499/month for unlimited users that can manage up to 15 projects.